Saturday, February 11, 2012

When Plans Go Awry

Two days ago my employer announced plans to initiate a very large downsizing of the workforce.  While I am personally safe in my employment it made me think of how easily plans can be changed.  An event such as loss of a job makes the task of saving for retirement a near impossibility.  The key to building retirement wealth is slow and steady contributing and letting the power of compounding work its magic.  Without employment it becomes impossible to maintain the slow and steady contributing.  For those in my company whom are effected my prayers are with you in hopes new employment comes to you quickly.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the layoffs, but at least you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary time to be laid-off. Emphasizes what you've been saying about savings.

    ReplyDelete